Helping farmers grow, protect, and preserve their farms for the next family generation.
- Succession ownership: wills, trusts, and estates: how to avoid probate.
- Property tax appeals & the Agricultural Exemption.
- Banks, lenders, and debt management.
- Partnerships; limited liability companies; corporations; sole proprietors.
- Deeds, title insurance, easements.
- Solar and wind power. Environmental/wetlands.
- Employment, independent contractors, and farm labor.
There is no time like the present to obtain Tom’s legal and practical insight. Be more competitive within your agri-business community. Farming is a highly competitive big business. You should talk with Tom about the best business format (usually an LLC) to protect your family from liability and plan for a successful future. Reduce your fixed costs for more profits: lower your property taxes, get the right amount of insurance, understand governmental programs, and get the truth about wind turbines.
Tom has over 50 years of hands-on experience working on family farms. He is a licensed attorney with over 30 years of courtroom experience and serves as university professor of business law. As a Judge, Tom decided over 1,000 property tax appeal cases. Get Tom on your farming team.
Tom will improve, expedite, and protect your own farm operation just like he restores old tractors- always doing things the right way!
Thomas S. Fredericks
Attorney & Business Counselor
Office (517) 655-4100
Cell/text (517) 525-1413